The Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are self-governing public technical universities spread throughout India. They are the most prestigious institutes in India, providing international engineering and technological education. IITs have built a world-class educational platform over the years that is dynamically sustained by quality teaching and internationally acclaimed research, as well as excellent infrastructure and the best available minds. Each IIT is autonomous, but they are linked to one another by a common council (the IIT Council), which oversees their administration.
IIT graduates hold important positions both in India and abroad. IITians are always at the top of the list when it comes to gaining admission to the most prestigious universities in the world or finding employment in any reputable organisation in the world.
Currently there are 23 IIT’s all across India
|1||IIT Kharagpur||IITKGP||West Bengal|
|3||IIT Madras||IITM||Tamil Nadu|
|4||IIT Kanpur||IITK||Uttar Pradesh|
|14||IIT Indore||IITI||Madhya Pradesh|
|15||IIT Mandi||IITMandi||Himachal Pradesh|
|16||IIT (BHU) Varanasi||IIT (BHU)||Uttar Pradesh|
|18||IIT Tirupati||IITTP||Andhra Pradesh|
|19||IIT (ISM) Dhanbad||IIT (ISM)||Jharkhand|
|22||IIT Jammu||IITJMU||Jammu & Kashmir|
Entrance Exams to be given to apply for IIT’s
- JEE Main
- JEE Advanced
- Exam Syllabus – 11th & 12th Std.
- Mode - Online
- Twice a year - Jan. and April
- Subjects –Physics, Chemistry & Maths
- Total Questions – 75 (25 each subject)
- Total Marks - 300 (100 each)
- Duration - 3 Hrs.
- Marking Scheme - (+4, -1)
- Eligibility: The applicants must have passed their 10+2 or equivalent examination with minimum 75% marks.
- Website - jeemain.nic.in/
- Exam Syllabus - 11th & 12th
- Mode - Online/Offline Subjects - PCM
- Total Questions – Not fixed
- Total Marks – Not fixed
- Duration - 6 Hrs. (3 hrs. two slots)
- Marking Scheme - Not fixed
- Eligibility - Students must have passed the Class 12 exam. Only the top 2.5 lakh qualified students of JEE Main will be allowed to appear for JEE Advanced 2022.
- Website - http://jeeadv.iitb.ac.in/